Try our delicious Chai Almond Bun recipe using Hungry Squirrel’s Chai spiced almond nut butter a true mouthwatering treat!
Dough – 2.5 cups of plain flour, 3 tbsp vegan butter, 2 tsp of yeast (or one whole sachet), 1 cup of milk (we used almond), 2 tbsp of sugar.
Filling – 4 tbsp chia spice almond, 1 tsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp of sugar
1. Melt the butter and almond butter together in the microwave or over the hob.
2. Once cooled, add in your yeast, mix in and leave for 5 minutes.
3. Add in your flour and sugar and mix until a dough it formed.
4. Need slightly then place back into the bowl, cover and leave to rise until doubled in size (about 1 – 2 hours).
5. Roll out your dough into a triangle.
6. Melt your nut butter and coconut oil together until combined and slightly runny.
7. Spread the butter over the dough then sprinkle the sugar.
8. Cut the dough into 6 long thin strips (cut length ways).
9. Grease an overproof dish.
10. Roll the dough into bun shapes and place in the dish. Ours created 8 large buns.
11. Bake for 20-30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.